Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Official List of Bryan/College Station restaurants

My boyfriend and I love trying new restaurants and do so as much as possible. He's always asking me where I want to eat and I have tons of places I want to try. Unfortunately, many times when we decide to eat out and are trying to think of one of the many restaurants that we want to try, we can't remember what they are until we're too hungry and end up eating somewhere that we already know. I'm hungry most of the time and I get really hungry fast... so the deciding process ends up being pretty short. He probably gets pretty frustrated with me always asking him to take me to a new place and then forgetting what that new place was when it's time to go. That's why we came up with a brilliant plan to have a list. An actual tangible list instead of a running one in our heads that we can't find in time. I told him I would make a real list and promptly started scribbling things down in my Lisa Frank note pad which is always in my purse. He said he would only follow it if it was official looking and on real stationary instead of my Lisa Frank note pad. Side Note: Lisa Frank is still awesome. Besides that, my lovely sister, Everly, gave it to me. In my mind, it is just as official as so called real stationary. Ahem, back to the list. So I gave in to his request (because I really like when he buys me food) and made a real list on official looking stationary. I wrote the restaurant names, location, and price range for his convenience. :) We've already tried one on the list and we've only had it a few days! The place we tried was called Haiku Japanese and Korean. It was exciting because it was on the list and I really wanted to try Korean food. It was a let down because the food was not so good. Very bland and not very fresh tasting. Plus, the environment was not the most authentic or even interesting for that matter, except that there was an indoor coy pond, which was pretty cool. So, all in all, not the best. But, more importantly, we tried somewhere on the list and now we know what it's like! I count it a win. So, I'll post the list for all to see and as we try somewhere, I'll review it! There could definitely be more restaurants added later. I know they probably seem pretty random but they're the main ones I could think of that I wanted to try for some reason and hadn't yet. Also, if you're reading this and have tried any of them, let me know what you thought!

1. La Riviera
2. Madden's
3. Square One
4. Bodega Coast
5. Naked Fish
6. Fontana's
7. Cafe Capri
8. Fat Burger
9. Truman's Chocolates
10. Luigi's Patio Ristorante
11. Christopher's World Grill
12. La Bodega
13. Papa Perez
14. Haiku Japanese and Korean
15. Herbert's Cajun Cuisine
16. Antonio's Pizza
17. The Republic
18. Serendipity

2 comments:

Beth said...

I highly recommend Luigi's (at least their desserts, anyway) :D So glad y'all are going to let me come along for all of these and chaperone :P But seriously, looks like a great list...and I'm so glad you posted! Love you lots!

Sabrina Bleu said...

Thanks, Beth! I definitely added Luigi's because of what you said. I'm excited to try it! Love you too! :)