Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gazpacho Blanca



I made this for the first time yesterday. It was quite fun to make, mostly because I had never seeded cucumbers before. Anyway, if you didn't know, gazpacho is a cold, cucumber soup. My family had mixed feelings about it but everyone was a good sport and at least tried it. I personally, liked it, but would probably prefer it as an appetizer next time instead of the main course. I made homemade, country white bread to accompany and garnished with sliced roma tomatoes and lemon wedges. I actually made the soup the night before so that it could chill overnight which worked out quite well. It was weird having my whole meal ready the night before! Anyway, it was fun and different so all in all, a good experience.

2 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

Definitely fun, I mean, look at his face!

:) Everly

Beth said...

Mmmm, this looks good (and fun!). Sorry I missed this :(