Friday, August 13, 2010

20 months and Cafe Capri!

Yesterday was 20 months from my first date with my boyfriend. Silly, I know. Why do I keep up with it? What significance does the 20th month have, anyway? None, really. I keep up with it because it's fun and the 20th one just sounds a little more exciting than the 19th so we decided to celebrate. We got dressed up and he told me that for our anniversary we would check another restaurant off the list. We went to Madden's and they were all full but very polite and gave us a $10 gift certificate to come back! Score! Then we went looking for another place to eat that was on the list. I didn't actually bring the list so I didn't have the oh-so-helpful addresses of the restaurants...oh well. Eventually we found Cafe Capri which is an Italian cafe type restaurant that was on the list. We very much enjoyed it! It was busy and kind of loud, a little different type of atmosphere than we were expecting, but still fun. The bread, dipping oil and salad was not that impressive but not bad. The oil was really just balsomic vinegar and olive oil as far as I could tell. We got an appetizer of mozerella squares which were very yummy! They were like parmesian encrusted cheese sticks only, in a flat square shape. The menu is not too big and a lot of it is fairly generic Italian food but it's also more like cafe prices. We chose two of the most expensive and most exciting entrees and they were only about $13 (which is not bad for the most expensive!) and very good! I got penne pasta with portabello mushrooms and lobster in a white, creamy, smoked gouda cheese sauce. MMMMMM!! He got a different penne, lobster dish with spicy, cajun seasoning. Also, very good but I liked mine better. All in all, a good experience! Then, we came home and layed on a blanket in our backyard looking at the stars. A good way to spend our oh-so-important 20 month anniversary!
p.s. Capri is the name of an Italian island. :)

No comments: