Friday, October 1, 2010

One of my Own!

This is a recipe that I came up with on my own one day, based on the ingredients we already had in the house. It turned out really good, if I do say so myself, and I've made it again since. I always get a lot of compliments when I make it. I mean, who doesn't like potatoes?! The name came about because the first time I was making it everyone who came in the kitchen asked me what I was making and because I was kind of making it up as I went and it didn't have a name, I kept replying, "chicken, potato something". So, now that's the name! :)

Chicken Potato Something

approximately 6 or 7 chicken breasts, washed dried and cut in half (to make them thinner)
1 onion, diced
2 bell peppers, diced (any color, I've used several)
2 carrots, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
5 Russet potatoes, diced
2 cans diced tomatoes
3 cans chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
2 sticks of butter, maybe a little more
olive oil
(serve over rice)

Heat butter in large stock pot or skillet. (when I made this recipe, I was cooking for 10-12 people and the ingredients are listed for that amount. Because of this, I had to use a skillet and a stock pot to brown the chicken and then added it all into the pot at the end.)
Add chicken and brown each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add diced vegetables, garlic and potatoes to skillet.
Add enough olive oil to prevent sticking.
Cook and stir until potatoes are tender but still a little crunchy.
Add canned tomatoes and chicken broth. Return chicken to pot.
Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Beth said...

ooh! yes! I like this one, a lot!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabrina Bleu said...

Thank you, Dear!