Friday, November 30, 2007

Fortress or Prison?

What is stopping me?
What is holding me back?
Is it even mine or is it someone else's problem altogether?
I feel as though it is not mine to deal with and yet how could it be another's?
For it is not one point of resistance, directed at me from one source,
but I see a blockade everywhere I turn.
No, It must be mine and mine alone to defeat.
And yet, how can I?
I try my most cunning plan and it is in vain.
Is this a wall I have built to guard myself?
Or is it a cage someone else has put me in?
If given, then was it given to me for my good or to confine me?
Is it of my hand or from another?
Or is it merely there, unchangeable?
Is it to be defeated at all,
Or is it there to keep safe the things I value most?
Perhaps I shall never know from whence it came or for what purpose.
I only wish I knew what to do with it now.
-Sabrina Bleu
warning: Don't worry, I'm not going through some major struggle or anything. Although, it would be a lie to say it isn't at all inspired by real life. Take it for what you will.

14 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

Sabrina,
It is a rare delight to hear creative writing out of you. This was very good and I am taking it for what I will but I am unsure wha that should be, even as your sister.
Everly

Anonymous said...

Sabrina, I had now idea what talent lay in that file cabinet head of yours! I must say the creative and thoughtful file must be full!!!!! It is so rare to ever hear your true heart, and I value the gift of being able to read this poem. I know it must have been somewhat personal to post that, but I am so glad you did. I must say this poem contains thoughts and feelings that I too have felt , and it therefore, struck a chord very deep within my heart. -Rita

Sabrina Bleu said...

Thanks guys!
Everly: You are not supposed to be able to get what exact topic I'm talking about. That's not the point. It is personal but it's not particularily revealing. Anyway, thank you for your compliments! It means a lot that a writer like you liked it!
Rita: um first off, "I had no idea what talent lay in that file cabinet head of your's!" thanks..
Secondly thank you very much for your sweet compliments. I'm glad you liked it and I'm very glad you could relate.
Thanks again both of you!

Everly Pleasant said...

Okay,
Let me clear a little fog:
Rita and I knew that you were talented, and all of your articles are creative, but you don't usually write poetry or something like that. And, as we all know, you are usually very private, therefore, this is unusual.
Secondly,
I understood what the poem said, but I didn't know what it is about. I know understand that I wasn't supposed to be able to guess it and nobody knows the topic.
Everly

Anonymous said...

wow ............wow-Rita

Sabrina Bleu said...

amen- Sabrina

Everly Pleasant said...

wooooooooooooow
wo-ho Mr.Telephone
Wowzers
Everly

Anonymous said...

Holy Guacamole!!!!!!!!

Everly Pleasant said...

Oh! Oh!
My turn again!
Ummm...
Jumping Jah-o-sa-fat!
Everly

Sabrina Bleu said...

umm... amen.

Anonymous said...

uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................................................................................... WOWZEERS?

Everly Pleasant said...

Okay guys,
enough with the accents.

Anonymous said...

fine ducky!!!!!! Cherrio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way you are past your parking limit and owe me A great number of pounds!-Rita

Everly Pleasant said...

POST AGAIN!
Everly