Monday, November 5, 2007

Lewis and Clark

If they were alive, I'd marry one of them.
I'm reading excerpts from their journals and it's absolutely amazing. I love reading about them and what they did especially in their own words. It's so interesting to hear an account of their adventures from both of their view points. You can see so much of their personalities through their journals. I hope that someday when I'm 200 years gone, someone will find my journals interesting! Maybe it would help if I went on some 28 month excursion into the unknown. Anyway.. They were incredible and I find myself deeply engrossed in every detail of their journey. There is really something noble in what they did. In fact many things. I love reading about their relationships with each other, the other men in the party, the Indians, Sacajawea and everyone else they encountered. I've learned so much about the culture of the different Indian tribes of the time through their descriptions. They were explorers, anthropologists, adventurers, linguists, ambassadors, and many other things. Their men trusted them so deeply and they each other. They risked their lives for each other and fought together for a common goal. Although some will say they never even really accomplished what they set off to do, I find them heroic and worthy of admiration. I dream of doing something very similar with my life. Unfortunately the Western United States has been adequately explored so I shall have to find some other territory.

5 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

Yes yes yes,
but what about the Indian lady having that baby? Do you think we have enough Indian in us for that kind of delivery???
Everly

Anonymous said...

Wow- marry one of them? So I was right last night- you are in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Rita nice essay by the way.

Sabrina Bleu said...

Yes, if only I could find some alive guy to fall in love with..

Everly Pleasant said...

Someday...

someone's got to come back to life.
Everly

Sabrina Bleu said...

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that option. Just waiting for the awesome dead guys to return... good plan.. I like it.